1. Which of the following are the tiniest living cells, without a defined cell wall, harmful to both plants and animals, and capable of surviving without oxygen?
A.Pseudomonas B.Mycoplasma C.Nostoc D.Bacillus
2. Which of the following components contributes to the stickiness of the bacterial cell?
A.Nuclear membrane B.Plasma membrane C.Glycocalyx D.Cell wall
3. Which of the following are not eukaryotes
A.Monera B. Protista C. Animals D. Plants
4. In extreme saline conditions, which of the following is found?
A.Eubacteria B.Cyanobacteria C.Mycobacteria D.Archaebacteria
5. When the glycocalyx in prokaryotes is thick, it is referred to as
A.Capsule B. Slime layer C.Cell wall D.Mesosome
6. Prokaryotic life forms are the only life forms found in this group.
A.Monera B.Protista C.Fungi D.Algae
7 Some cyanobacteria produce pigments with membrane extensions.
A.Pneumatophores B.Chromatophores C.Heterocysts D.Basal bodies
8. Nostoc has specialized cells for fixing nitrogen from the atmosphere.
A.Heterocyst B.Hormogonia C.Nodules D.Akinetes
9. Bacteria with flagella tufts on a single pole are known as
A.Amphitrichous B.Peritrichous C.Atrichous D.Lophotrichous
10. Nitrogen-fixing bacteria that live in the wild
A.Nitrobacter B.Azotobacter C.Rhizobium D.Frankia
11. which of the following results in a clone of bacteria
A.Binary fission B.Conjugation C.Transformation D.Transduction
12. one of the following is not characteristics of cyanobacteria
A.They are multicellular B.they form colonies C. In dirty water, they create blooms. D.They can fix nitrogen in the atmosphere.