10 Health Advantages of Walnuts range from weight loss to a Healthy Gut
1. Heart Health: Walnuts are a good source of fibre, phytochemicals, and heart-healthy lipids. Walnuts’ omega-3 fatty acids have anti-inflammatory and cholesterol-lowering properties.
2. Weight Loss: Walnuts are a great source of protein and fibre, making them a great snack for weight loss. The healthy fats in walnuts can help you feel full longer, reducing the urge to snack on unhealthy foods.
3. Brain Health: Studies have found that walnuts may help improve cognitive function, memory and motor skills. The omega-3 fatty acids in walnuts are thought to be especially beneficial for brain health.
4. Diabetes Management: Walnuts have been shown to help improve insulin sensitivity and reduce blood sugar levels. This makes them a great food for those with diabetes or prediabetes.
5. Bone Health: Walnuts are rich in calcium and magnesium, two minerals important for bone health. Eating walnuts may also help reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
6. Gut Health: Walnuts contain prebiotic fibre, which helps feed the good bacteria in your gut. This can help improve digestion and reduce the risk of digestive problems.
7. Immunity: Walnuts contain vitamins like zinc, selenium, and other elements that can strengthen your immune system.
8. Vision: Walnuts are a good source of vitamin E, which can help shield your eyes from UV rays and lower your chance of developing age-related macular degeneration.
9. Skin Health: Walnuts contain healthy fats and vitamin E, both of which can help improve skin health and reduce the signs of ageing.
10. Anti-Cancer Properties: Walnuts contain high levels of ellagic acid, which has been found to have anti-cancer properties. Eating walnuts may help reduce the risk of some types of cancer.